Late Easter Baking

Hello Chums!

Where’s the Easter baking post that I promised I hear you ask? Its almost a given that all social media users/influencers must make a post about Easter. However, all is not lost. I, myself, am not the greatest fan of Easter. I am a sweets over chocolate kinda gal. So, for all of you who may be in the same boat as me, I thought it'd be a great idea, now Easter is over and I have all this spare chocolate, to find a way to re purpose it. Here’s my ‘re purposing Easter chocolate’ blog post! Hope you enjoy. 

1) Rice Krispie Cakes

The easiest of my three suggestions. It is as simple as you can imagine. There's so many posts of this so I am not going to go into it. It is just melting chocolate and pouring it onto Rice Krispies. However, as simple as it sounds, I somehow manages to mess it up the first time i tried it. Mine tasted of just butter, don't add too much butter or any at all if you can get away with it.

2) Cookies

I am no where near a good enough baker to know how to do these alone. I googles a recipe for these and they turned out great for me! I used a Cadbury Easter egg for the chips, because there is no greater joy near Easter than smashing an Easter egg. I followed my method from BBC Good Food and my results are below.



3) Cakes 

For this, the chocolate was more used for topping the cakes once I had made then, flaking chocolate into icing sugar or just melting chocolate straight onto the cakes is also a good option! There are more complex topping options, including salted chocolate buttercream icing. There is a recipe for this online at BakingMad or on the box of Silver Spoon icing sugar. 

So they're my quick baking tips for using a bit of the left over chocolate! 

P.S I will be inactive or rarely active on this and social media for a while, I have exams to do but I will return very soon! 

SomeSilverLinings
xxx

Comments

  1. These looked like fun to make! Baking is such a happy activity, you take a bunch of ingredients and make something out of nothing. Hope your exams have gone well ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts