Bala Wales-Student Holiday

At the beginning of this summer, my friends and I all went to Wales! This holiday was because it was our final year of university and we wanted to make a nice memory before we all moved back home! I thought I could write a quick post to show you how picturesque it was but also how you can holiday on a student budget!

We went to our friends cottage in Wales. This significantly reduced the cost of this holiday. A good way to find cheaper accommodation is to use Trivago and filter/sort the hotels by price. Trying not to go away in the school breaks will make most places cheaper to stay! If you prefer a cottage or apartment, airbnb have some good options! Again, filter the accommodation by price to find the best options!


This holiday was more of a chance for us to get out of a big city, sit in the sun (with a cheeky cider) and just relax. We found a cute little pub in Bala, where we sat outside and got very sunburnt - always remember SPF. The good thing about going on a UK holiday is there is no confusion between languages. Yes, some welsh could be heard about but it wasn't like there was a language barrier. We knew exactly what drinks we wanted, their price (no conversions), it was stress free and convenient.


Our final day in Wales, we decided we wanted to just go on a walk and spend time outside. We walked to a lake and had some food while we were there. The lake was quite a walk away, but that gave us time to all chat and some of our conversations were deeper then others. Friendships mean so much to me and this trip just made me feel so much more connected to my friends. I would not replace them for anything.




This was just a quick post to just show you how great it is to get outside with friends! I have also relaunched my YouTube channel! I would be so grateful if you could get it out, where I will be uploading the video to go with this post!


SomeSilverLinings 
XXX

Comments

Popular Posts