Hangover Hell!

I am writing this post pre night out. I was wracking my brain thinking of what I should write about, then I thought about what most adults struggle with.

Hangovers.

They make me feel so unwell, so I thought I would make a quick list of things that will help your hangovers.

1) Drink water between drinks.

Yes, this may sound a bit of a boring tip but you will thank me in the long run. If you go to a bar and ask for a tap water, they are free. Just drink some quickly and get back to partying before drinking more alcohol.

2) Don't mix your drinks

Not only does this specifically reduce the severity of a hangover, but I find that different types of alcohol effect the severity of my hangovers. By sticking to one type of alcohol when you drink, you can find which drinks are the biggest culprit for causing your hangovers!

3) Food

After a heavy hangover, sometimes you do not want to think about eating. But if you feel like having a nibble, you may want to think about what is good to try. Fruit will replace vitamins that you need to make you feel better. An important vitamin to keep check on after a big night out is Vitamin C (another way to get Vitamin C is by drinking Berocca). Also replacing salt you may have lost is important, so bacon or other foods high in salt might help you feel better.

4) Oral re-hydration solutions


This tip was told to me by one of my biology teachers in college. Before you go on a night out, put a sachet of 'Dioralyte' or supermarket equivalent in a bottle of water by your bed. When you get in (probably worse for wear) and drink this, the morning after you will thank yourself! The hangover is no where near as bad. 

If you take my advice, I hope you feel much better in your hungover state! 



SomeSilverLinings 


Comments

Popular Posts