Blue Monday

Hello Chums,

Blue Monday (21/01/2019) is meant to be the most depressing day of the year. With this day fast approaching, I thought I could make a quick post for anyone who might be struggling with this, with my tips on how to make yourself feel a little bit better if you are feeling low. I have suffered with depressive episodes previously and want to help how I can.

1. Meditation & Mindfulness

I currently own a few books to help with this (Calm & The Minfulness Journal). I use these alongside the app Headspace, although there are plenty of other resources to help online. Meditating and finding some time to set aside to unwind is so refreshing when you are feeling down. Truly relaxing, even just for a short while, has really helped my mental health.

2. Company

Surrounding yourself with positive people will help improve your mood. Coming off of social media and living in the moment with people around you will help you see value in the smaller things and no compare how you live to the way other people do.

3. Productivity

Planning a few tasks to do which will occupy your mind will boost your mood. Getting some tasks knocked off of the to do list which have been on there for a very long time will help you feel positive about yourself and make progress towards a cleaner and more focused outlook. I like to make a few to do lists on google keep so i can access them anywhere and add to them constantly when I remember a task that needs doing!

4. Self Care

Using a face mask, having a soak and eating some good food will help you unwind! Looking after yourself and leaving your body and mind refreshed for the rest of the long year ahead will really show anyone who feels down that there are prospects of so much more positivity and the most important thing is your well being and health.

So there were my few words on facing Blue Monday and down days in general, I hope it helps!



Some Silver Linings 



xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts