Valentines Day Gift Ideas

Hey Chums,

With Valentines day fast approaching, I thought it would be a great idea to try help out and give you some ideas on what to get a guy for Valentines day.

My tips for getting a great gift is to make lists. With my current partner, as soon as we started dating I made a note on my phone. Every time he mentioned a musician he liked, food he liked, anything he liked, I would put it in this note. Now, for gift ideas, I revert back to that list and see whats new!

I have a few categories that work well for me in my head for gifts. These are:
1. Handmade
2. Days out
3. Specific
4. Generic

1. Handmade 
I do not tend to go for this option because I not very creative whatsoever, but I feel like this is a good option when you are on a budget. Baking is a good way to show someone you care and remember what they like! Other things like painting, pictures, putting photos in a nice frame or making a photo book are all amazing ways to express how you feel for someone, or capture important memories with them!

2. Days out 
This could be paying for a date, or planning something completely different and out there! A Valentines day date is almost compulsory, whether it be a budget friendly movie night or a nice meal out, offering to pay for a date is a sweet gesture. Buying other days out to plan together in the future is a nice way of showing you know their interests. You can buy car experience days, afternoon tea, spa days and many more. I think these are a great way to show you know someone, give them something to look forward to, and create memories.

3. Specific 
This is the category that requires thought. What musicians do they like? What movies do they like? An example I would like to give would be the gift I bought this Valentines day. My boyfriend has recently been told he is alcohol intolerant. This doesn't bother him too much, but he did enjoy drinking rum. For Valentines day, I have bought him a non alcoholic rum online, to try and bridge that gap. I also know he likes certain clothing brands so I have bought things from there which I know he would like.

4. Generic 
These are the things you see in the supermarkets. They are always nice to buy in addition to something else. A little bear, some chocolates, a mug; all make cute gifts for a valentines day. I like to buy a few little things and a larger thing to make up the gifts I buy. Balloons, flowers, alcohol are also cute gifts which can be bought that don't require as much thought

So there is my guide to buying Valentines gifts! I hope this helps you out!

Some Silver Linings 
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts