GCSE Results Day

The day that every 16 year old dreads. Results day. It has been 5 years since I recieved my GCSE results. I remember the walk to my school, feeling incredibly nervous and thinking the worst. For this post, I want to break down a few things on GCSE's.

1. GCSE's are not the only qualification.

I have recently been applying for jobs. A lot of employers now look for BTEC qualifications and NVQ's. If your GCSE's are not what you expected, then do not panic!

2. Apprenticeships are valuable.

The adverts can be seen in bus stops and on TV. But it is true. I didn't do one, but j know they give you so many good transferrable skills and experience that is invaluable to future employers.

3. Dont be afriad

Don't be scared that you are still unsure of what you want to do. I was so unsure and I still am, but in life there are so many other obstacles and opportunities that will come around and change your path. Keep going

4. College

My GCSE results led to me getting to the college of my choice. For some colleges, they want specific grades. If you didnt get into a college of yoir choice then do not panic or feel uneasy. Once you get there and start studying, once you make friends and get settled, youll be glad that things turned out the way they did.

Those were just a few brief points i wanted to make on GCSE's. I havent been postkng so much recently due to family illness, but hopefully I can post more soon.





Some Silver Linings 
XoXo



Comments

Popular Posts