My Month Off

Hello Chums,

So, I have had a month off of blogging. Every so often everyone needs to recharge. There has been a lot of changes around my life in the past six months. I thought I could address some, maybe try to help some other people adjusting to changes.

1. I left university

Leaving university is so much more difficult to adjust to than you would think. Moving out of a house where my friends were a walking distance, to being at least an hour on the train makes it so much harder to see each other. It makes the feeling of loneliness more prominent. Relying on social media more heavily gives you the ability to keep up with each other, but heavy social media isn't too great for mental health in general. My advice - call each other and meet up as often as you can, even just for a coffee or some Christmas shopping. I am so thankful for the friends that have stuck around.

2. I got a job and lost it again

This was a sting for me. A lot of administration mishaps left me not having the job I thought I did. I am now currently doing a work experience placement to build my CV so this is less likely to happen again and I can find the career that is right for me. Being out of work is seen as something so shameful in current society. We are pressured to stay in education but as soon as we are out of education they want us to come with so many years of work experience behind us. I know I am not the only person in this situation. Making small steps to work towards building on your CV and experience will help your prospects and your confidence.

3. Money Worries

Being unemployed and commuting to see friends for my own mental health sake has been difficult. With Christmas coming up, presents need buying and food needs getting! I am finding this such a hard thing to deal with currently. I am helping myself by doing surveys to get vouchers. I have also been using pedometer apps and similar things to get small financial help towards Christmas. I have now started a budget to try help myself and hopefully I will be managing much better soon!


But my life hasn't been without positives recently, I have another blog post award to write, a family who are very accepting of my mental health and my current situation, and most recently, I managed to get into a relationship with the kindest man I could ever ask for. So when everything feels like a bit too much stress, think of the positives, what are you grateful for in your day, keep smiling.


SomeSilverLinings 

Comments

Popular Posts